Update #10: Crafting VFX to Electrify

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Avernium, May 1, 2015.

1. Avernium

Avernium Member Staff Member

May is now upon us, bringing warmer weather and another update!

Nova’s environment continues to take form, as texture shaders & materials are crafted to create that familiar, distinctive ‘Legion’ atmosphere where things just feel good. We’ve also begun work on visual effects (VFX), which consist of particle effects, projectiles, ability effects, and really anything that glows or sparkles. Each character is being revisited during this phase, starting with Zeus.

zeus_reskin2.jpg

As hard as the work has been over the past few months, it's been a blast to see how concept art has evolved into living, breathing, and attacking units in a strange new world full of life. We’re proud to show off some of that work at the expense of a few crustaceans.

Those crabs didn't stand a chance... looks like they need larger numbers!

On the backend, we’ve continued conversations with MuchDifferent and Internap as we incorporate high-performance technology and connect with established service providers to ensure our servers will handle the LTD2 population that we anticipate.

For May, we'll continue giving each fighter, creature, and attacker a ‘Legion’ level of polish as Zeus has. The engineering team will continue laying down the game server infrastructure, and of course, continue to code the game itself. Stay tuned for more updates!

tao0, LForward, Ferudas and 1 other person like this.
  2. Mikkel Krejsler

Mikkel Krejsler Member

YES YES YES! Keep going, i love the looks of the Zeus, always loved that unit.

3. Happy

Happy Member

Good, nice, waiting...

4. Tim

Tim Member

How did you code the particle effects?

5. Otto Piiroinen

Otto Piiroinen Member

LOOKING GOOOOOOD

6. awesomeful

awesomeful Member

Looks like it's really coming along

7. Jonathan Avila

Jonathan Avila Member

Looks Awesome!

8. Saren

Saren Member

LOOKING GREAT. I have lots of people who played this game on WC3 but pretty much none know this sequel is coming independently. I'LL SPREAD THE WORD.. when it comes. hypes

Lisk likes this.
  9. Ferudas

Ferudas Member

Will Zeus still be in a " Mech " race which will consist off similar units or will you change the name of the race and the units in it? Perhaps there won't be things like " races " and instead we will get something different?

10. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

We are using a suite called PopcornFX (http://www.popcornfx.com/). If you're into this kind of stuff, send me a message.

@Ferudas: Mech will be pretty similar, but there will be new content as well. We just want to start with some familiar faces.

11. Ferudas

Ferudas Member

I remember how you mentioned that you are planning to do a Kickstarter in spring. Is it still on your plan list?

12. morre90

morre90 Member

Got this in my mail: ''Legion TD 2 is a brand new, free-to-play game. It's the sequel to the original Legion TD mod played by over 100,000 people.''

so its done yet or what?

13. Diablo

Diablo Member

It's still in development :)

14. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

Yes, but not in the spring. For various reasons, the date had to be pushed back.