Update #11: Enchantments

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Avernium, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Avernium

Avernium Member Staff Member

Summer has arrived at last! Whether you're finishing finals to gear up for the break or just relieved to have some nicer weather, we hope you'll settle in to check out our latest updates on Legion TD 2 progress and a special reveal.

One of the most exciting things about building Legion TD 2 as its own game is the potential for players to build persistent user profiles in between every match. For years, dedicated players have taken great strides to create hostbots and databases that let players measure their performance and skill over time. With Legion TD 2, that persistence will be a standard component on day one.

As you play games in Legion TD 2 you will accumulate experience, levels, and currency. Multiple new features will be introduced to leverage these and today we'd like to announce one such component: Enchantments. As your account levels up, you'll gain one enchantment point per level to specialize your gameplay to fit your style or your favorite legion. Check out the enchantments by clicking the image below!

enchantments-preview.png

On the development end, we've been redesigning and improving the overall game engine, especially the systems that handle unit movement and attacks. Multiplayer unit movement and AI is a big technical challenge, and that's why we're taking our time to make sure we get it right.

We've also been designing the cosmetic item system, which will be similar to the equipment system in Dota 2, which allows players to customize their characters' appearances with new graphics and visual effects.

For June, we will continue developing the game engine, as well as continuing visual work on characters. We're also spending some time restructuring our workflow processes in preparation for bringing on another developer to the team!

King, RaVe, Vazox and 1 other person like this.
  2. Eske_N

Eske_N Member

Hi, can I help you?
    I'm .NET developer.
    If you need I can help with russian localization.
    And I really like what you do!

3. madxoma

madxoma Member

And we are fans from Russia, playing in LTD about 3 years and I would like to help with Russian localization
    LeviTalBard
    Mad_XoMa

4. Patti30

Patti30 Member

I really like the update!
    I guess the enchantments aren't perfectly balances yet and this will be a process that will take some time and a lot of games to be played to find whats best but I am really happy so see something like that implemented :D

5. horst

horst Member

Looks nice, hope that the bost are not to powerfull... but that will show the game t the end :D

6. Soul Eater

Soul Eater Member

Its nice, first of all.
    So for 1 path you need 34 points and i guess there will be 35 lvls for your char (just like the lvl count in legion td xD). So that u just can have 1 full path or some mixed.
    Will u can change them easy or have u to pay for it with ingame - whatever?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  7. Ferudas

Ferudas Member

I dislike this idea, but we'll see how this goes :)

Nivoh likes this.
  8. Guennter

Guennter Member

@Soul Eater if i did understand it in the right way, u wont have to pay to change the pointsetting, but just to lvl up, to get more points. :)

according the topic: seems like there is a lot of balance-work incoming, but i like the idea, and also the "skill-trees" u gave here.

9. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

Hi, thanks for your interest! Keep checking back, since some plans are in the works to open up some areas for people to contribute code. It'll still be a little while, though.

And yes, there will be plenty of balancing. But feel free to discuss what is currently posted.

You'll be able to re-spec (reset your points and assign them again). The specifics are still being worked out.

10. awesomeful

awesomeful Member

If this is true, then I would classify the game as pay to win.

11. Guennter

Guennter Member

???
    You get lvl's by playing the game (not real money), so you cant buy the points, you get them for free/by playing --> NO pay to win :D

more games = more experience ... After some games you get the maximum lvl and the maximum possible amount of points to spent on the enchantment-tree.
    Real money wouldnt have any influence here!
    I rly do not understand your problem ;)

12. Patti30

Patti30 Member

@awesomeful
    I have to agree with Guennter here in pretty much every game that is ftp you have to achieve a specific level to unlock everything and I'm guessing that you can't even play ranked when you aren't max level. That would at least make it harder for smurfs. There might be some sort of boost to level up faster but I think for the majority of the community that won't be a problem since Lisk stated somewhere that it won't take that much time to achieve max level anyway. I think its gonna be something like 100-200 games which is totally legit. Even if its gonna be 1000 games that would be no problem for me.
    If there is no sort of boost you could even argue that you have to invest "just" time in the game to get better like an mmo and I don't like those sort of games where you just can't beat someone who has just farmed more regardless of the thoughts he put into the game. But as I said already there is gonna be a max level which is fairly easily achieved compared to other games and I don't mind the slight advantage for players with higher level at all.
    I still respect your opinion! I just wanted to write how I feel about that topic. No harm intended!

13. awesomeful

awesomeful Member

I interpreted your use of the word "but" to mean that players would pay to level up. Just a misunderstanding.

14. kinggore

kinggore Member

Awesome.
    only one major unbalance i see is.
    precision. giving bonus to both light and unarmored.. this makes the skill unbalanced compared to the others.
    either remove the unarmored or give it a separate skill, as it is not it is 2 for 1.

15. Patti30

Patti30 Member

@kinggore
    I thought the same when I first saw it but if Legion TD 2 is gonna be similar with the old Legion TD when it comes to difficulties of waves. Only wave 1,2 and 31 are unarmored and the harder waves which have light armor would be 7 and 10 the rest should be fairly easy in most cases. Most of the sends don't have light armor either and I am pretty sure none of them are unarmored.
    At least in the old Legion TD I don't think it would have been unbalanced.

16. Guennter

Guennter Member

i would say "vampirism" and "reflect" are a bit high, the rest has to be tested imo

17. Patti30

Patti30 Member

I think it would also be cool if some buffs only effect specific units but therefore are a little stronger. For example vampirism and reflect could only effect meele units.
    The only problem I see is that there shouldn't be an easy and good way to build only these specific units, otherwise the buff would be to strong but there need to be enough of these specifc units so that it is worth putting points in. It would be really bad if you skill points into something and when playing prophet you don't get a single unit that would benefit from that even after rerolling a few times.
    Besides meele, ranged and air I can't really come up with anything good but I am sure there are some other choices.

18. Norn

Norn Member

Hi, can I help you
    I'm .NET developer.
    If you need I can help with russian localization.
    And I really like what you do!

Translation text( news ,video) , localization for russian website

19. Norn

Norn Member

The game will have a training video in start ? for new players

20. Patti30

Patti30 Member

I am pretty sure Lisk said that there is going to be a tutorial for new players.