Update #18: Kickstarter Rewards

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Avernium, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Avernium

Avernium Member Staff Member

Happy New Year from the entire Legion TD team! We’re ringing in 2016 with some major announcements centered around our next milestone: the Legion TD 2 Kickstarter.

In a recent announcement, we revealed our 2016 milestone plans:

timeline.png
    Coming soon in March, we will be running a Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign for Legion TD 2. With your generous support, the team will remain self-funded and fully focus on delivering a game deserving of the Legion TD name. Today, we’re excited to reveal the Kickstarter reward tiers!

Brute.png

$5 – BRUTE TIER. Exclusive Brute's "Warrior" skin.

Aqua.png

$20 – AQUA TIER. Includes Brute rewards. Beta Key. Exclusive forum and in-game profile badge. Exclusive Aqua Spirit's "Liquid Smoke" in-game VFX.

Zeus.png

$50ZEUS TIER. Includes all Aqua rewards. Priority Beta Key*. Early username registration. Mentioned in game credits. Exclusive Zeus's "Plasma Rifle" in-game VFX.

*In the event of login queues during the open and closed beta, Priority Beta Key accounts will be given priority and thus have much shorter waiting times.

Kraken.png

$150 – KRAKEN TIER. Includes all Zeus rewards. Exclusive "first look" single-player playable demo. All legions unlocked permanently, including future legions. Digital artbook and soundtrack. Exclusive Kraken's "Forgotten One" skin.

Granddaddy.png

$500 – GRANDDADDY TIER. Includes all Kraken rewards. Legion TD 2 mousepad, signed and numbered by Lisk. Physical artbook (50 pages), featuring never-before-seen concept art. Exclusive "Galactic" in-game lane texture.

Maccabeus.png

$2000 – MACCABEUS TIER. Includes all Granddaddy rewards. Name a custom equipment after yourself. Custom colored name, in-game. Play a game of Legion TD 2 on live-stream, with the team.

With these tiers we hope to incentivize participation and reward those of you who choose to help bring this awesome game to the public. Please note that these tiers are still subject to tweaks and changes prior to the Kickstarter. As always, we welcome your feedback!

Stay tuned on Twitter, Facebook, or on the forums for more information this month!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
    DerpCat and RaVe like this.
  2. Laggi

Laggi Member

Damn, looks sick! :)
    So hyped

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
    DerpCat likes this.
  3. Otto Piiroinen

Otto Piiroinen Member

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice, 2016 here we come!!

DerpCat likes this.
  4. Vitus

Vitus Member

Oh man, I need more disposable income...

DerpCat likes this.
  5. Thunderteeth

Thunderteeth Member

Awesome! Can't wait to get the $50 one. Can't wait to play a beta by the end of the year!!

DerpCat likes this.
  6. dragothic

dragothic Member

I'll try and get the Kraken Tier. I would like to go higher, but the 150$ is hard enough as im unemployed. Can't wait to follow the progress in 2016.

DerpCat likes this.
  7. dragonslayer

dragonslayer Member

Omagash Cant wait till March, why did it have to be the 3rd Month

8. Morbin581

Morbin581 Member

Am very excited for the whole project. Have already started spreading the word and will do so more once launched.

What is your intended target?

9. LForward

LForward Community Manager Staff Member

Thanks for sharing, even though u talked about some exclusive things already I would like to see some more possibilities here.

1) There should be more steps between 20 and 500$ , many people would probably like to spend some more money to support the project, but the options are really limited here.
    2) Comparing this to other kickstarter campaigns I think the number of different awards is way too low here. Seen projects with 30 or more things, where people had more options and could adjudicate way more. Awards don't need to build up on each other. So there could be other 150$ options with the aqua rewards for example so you can decide on what especially you want.
    3) You get a beta key for 20$, how about giving away more than one key for more money?

GvR Mr Mister likes this.
  10. GvR Mr Mister

GvR Mr Mister Member

Cant wait for the Beta :3

11. Gialas

Gialas Member

Me and some friends are going to buy the aqua tier one :)
    Really happy that there will be an own game for Legion TD.
    I am so hyped !

12. DerpCat

DerpCat Member

Aaaaaaaaah! Hype!! I'm so excited with these AWESOME kickstarter awards!

I'll probably only be able to do Zeus tier, but money's pretty tight, so not even that. Hopefully I can, really want that early user registration :D
    AGHH, I really like the Maccabeus award. Custom name and such in-game would be awesome. Is there anyway we can have this WITHOUT paying 2k!?
    Edit:
    Hearing about a game shop setup sometime in the future would be WONDERFUL! I also really like a lot of the art concept ideas for LTD2 and think they could portray into shirts and other stuff like coffee mugs or something.

Personally, I would totally buy a kraken coffee mug. But that might just be me and my crippling coffee addiction. :p
    I'm thinking about this too. I honestly would like to buy a art book/soundtrack, but I don't think I could pay 150$ on LTD2 right now as much as I want too, haha.
    Yes, yes, yes!!
    Well, and uh, my grummy old mousepad does need a replacement. I've had it for like.. 10 years or more. Somethin' like that.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  13. Morbin581

Morbin581 Member

I've given some ideas to the team a while back and agree with some of what you say.

There should be a few more steps in between 20-500. Be it in game currency, multiple keys to share with friends, physical products...etc.
    You don't want a MASSIVE amount. For games especially given people too much choice can sometimes cause some issues.

Early Bird rewards - Even if it is $2 off - are a great way to get backers fast.

Are you intending on having a game currency? (so items can be won in game as well as bought with cash) - Similar to Heroes of Newerth set up for those that have played that.
    Any plans for stretch rewards?
    Any plans for a referral scheme? Or linking certain unlocks / rewards to Facebook / forums...etc?
    Will the physical art books be purchasable afterwards or limited edition?

14. aphex_acid_303

aphex_acid_303 Member

I would love to buy one of those mouse pads without dropping $500.

15. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback so far, everyone. It's useful to know which things you find valuable, as these tiers are still subject to being tweaked as we mentioned. We're trying to strike a good balance between flexibility, and meaningful choices.

A few points:
    - Can't reveal the intended target yet.
    - Multiple keys such as a ("3-pack of beta keys") to share with friends is a good thought, and we're considering it. However, Kickstarter campaigns thrive on not only total $ raised, but also the total number of backers. Having a 3-pack of beta keys might reduce the second number. That said, it might incentivize people to tell their friends about Legion, too. We're still crunching the numbers on this.
    - Physical rewards, such as mousepads, are great, but we have to keep in mind that for a studio like AutoAttack Games, we don't have the facilities to efficiently produce and ship things in bulk. Thus, if we were to make mousepads available for, say, $20, only about $5 of that would actually go towards developing the game. Hence our decision to make physical rewards available only at higher tiers, and having them signed and exclusive.
    - We're planning to release other mousepads (and shirts, posters, etc.) available for sale in the future, once we've partnered up with a manufacturer. Can't say exactly when, but definitely after the fundraiser.

We'll try to release more information leading up to the KS launch.

tao0 and DerpCat like this.
  16. Morbin581

Morbin581 Member

Thanks for the detail replies Lisk.

DerpCat likes this.
  17. DerpCat

DerpCat Member

Thanks for taking the time to read them!
    I'm glad to hear that in the future there will be a plan for the merchandise. I know what you're trying to aim for, placing them up so high. I was just hoping that eventually they'll be released as in a store or something. Very cool news! :D

Also, what about that custom name reward? Think you could uh.. "tweak" that too?
    ( joking intended )

18. tao0

tao0 Member

This is so awesome, amazing news! Me and my friends will get the Zeus tier for sure. May the gods bless this project!

19. Nonsyou

Nonsyou Member

Thank you developers finally bring this awesome game to us.I do believe this game is going to become BIG.I will get the Kraken Tier.I am wondering if developers consider the game come with other language version such as Chinese,since there are many players still play dota2 and Warcaft Mods in China.Its will be huge for Chinese player.I personally can help for the translation part :D

Lisk likes this.
  20. DarkyDP

DarkyDP Member

i'm waiting !