Update #2: Sneak Peek at Zeus, Dino, and Mudman

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Avernium, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Avernium

Avernium Member Staff Member

Another month has passed us by, bringing lots of exciting progress for Legion TD 2. This past month, our art team has been working hard to bring the characters of Legion TD 2 to life.

LTD2_Zeus_Mesh.JPG

From our 2D model sheets, which you saw in the previous update, our art team has been creating 3D meshes and handpainting textures.

LTD2_Dino_Color.jpg

We're spending a lot of time to make sure each character is Legion TD quality.

LTD2_Mudman_Color.JPG

It’s been incredibly exciting to see these old favorites come to life in Legion TD 2. We can’t wait to see the community’s response and look forward to sharing even more units in the future. On the community front, we have now reached the one month anniversary of the official Legion TD 2 forum launch. You guys have jumped in head first and are already influencing the development process. If you or your friends want to start getting involved with the development team or community, there’s no better time than now.

This coming month should be even more exciting. Be sure to keep an eye on the forums for new updates, including some sneak peeks at the lore of the Legion TD 2 universe and reveals for the playable Legions.

2. awesomeful

awesomeful Member

Awesome! I really like how the Zeus are coming along. That dino is really colorful. I do wish that the mudman had legs so that it would look more man-like.

Ferudas likes this.
  3. Med

Med Member

Good job!=)

kvaqe likes this.
  4. I_kill_satan

I_kill_satan Member

wow

5. horst

horst Member

That is looking real great!
    hmm... but i think i don´t want to play legion td in wc3 anymore.... i want legion td 2 :D

Dreadz likes this.
  6. AdeleDazeem

AdeleDazeem Member

Mudman's rad, solid work fellas :D

Dreadz likes this.
  7. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

Glad you guys like these so far! :)

Btw, about colors: we're still playing around with colors, so some might change. It takes some time to figure out the "look" we're going for, since we're not just copying an existing game. Your feedback helps a lot!

8. windwalk

windwalk Member

Hey guys! Really nice to see things evolve!
    To me, it's really hard to make a comment to this, because i don't know anything about your desired rules for consistency or the overall look and feel.

I can hardly guess how LTD2 will look like and i'd love to see some rough sketches a variety of stuff including "towers", spawns, sent creeps etc. – this would focus more on showing consistency in all models – rather than detailling 2 or 3 models, like Mudman or Zeus or talking about coloring. Until now, the models look like you put some heavy weight on the upper part of the body and making everything below the corpus hardly exist. With a camera perspective from top, the body parts above the belt line will be even bigger. I'd love to see some legs :)

Also, i'm really interested in what distinguishes the races from the creeps from the spawns.
    I could imagine, that the towers of one race a really physically strong, while the other is more slim and high or something.
    Also, the spawns could be more "naturally" colored, like brown/grey/green, while the spawns could be more colorful. Like that, they could be distinguished at first glance, which makes applying spells to certain units easier.

Do you have such comprehensive design "rules" yet? And could you show us according sketches / other stuff?

Just to be clear: Thanks a lot for your work! I really like it so far! I think you guys are really good at what you do :) Cheers!

Lisk likes this.
  9. Lisk

Lisk Director Staff Member

Thanks for sharing these good thoughts, windwalk.

We're in the midst of establishing our design rules that you mentioned. It's a process to come up with a unique, Legion TD style, but it'll be worth it. Body proportions, distinguishing each race, as well as differentiating fighters from creeps are all things we've been working on, and it's good to know you're thinking about those things too.

Things we've shown thus far are still subject to change (especially colors). But we're showing things early to you guys on the forums, so we can get your feedback. Thanks again.

windwalk likes this.
  10. Ferudas

Ferudas Member

It's awesome. Though I would really love it if mudman had legs :(

11. Legion My D

Legion My D Member

this is absolutely wonderful! keep it up !

12. Greedyfingers

Greedyfingers Member

really awesome! could be cool if you put some crystals on top of the dino instead of spikes or a crystal as horn could be so nice

13. Mr.Helico

Mr.Helico Member

Dang it now I'm really liking the style TD 2 is going for. Something about it is fun to look at as much as I'm tired of seeing cartoony styles in mixed fantasy-themed games.