Update #37: Steam keys shipping this month!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jules, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Jules

Jules Developer Staff Member

Happy December, everyone!

The Legion TD 2 Steam page is currently in Danish, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, and Ukrainian. If you'd like to improve existing translations or add a new language, please visit our localization hub: LegionTD2.com/translate.

Steam keys in December, game playable early 2017

The game will launch in beta in early 2017, but Steam keys are officially going out this month! As soon as you activate your key, you'll see Legion TD 2 in your Steam library.
    • Aqua+ Kickstarter/PayPal backers and Humble Bundle purchasers will receive an email containing their Steam key.
    • Steam purchasers already have the game in their library and should not expect an email.

Welcome our new Community Manager!

Niklas 'LForward' Trimborn is a streamer and content creator from Cologne, Germany. As one of the world's top Legion TD players, LForward has competed in numerous cash tournaments. When he's not wrecking people at Legion TD, he enjoys helping new players by creating guides.

As a forum moderator, contributor, and longtime member of our community, LForward is long overdue to take on a bigger role. Please join me in congratulating LForward as Legion TD 2's Community Manager.

lforward-graphic-resized.jpg

Sneak Peek: New Map

In our October update, we revealed the design mockup for Legion TD 2's new map. It's still work-in-progress, but below is a screenshot of what it looks like in-game:

Map.png

Recent Highlights

Here’s what Lisk and I were up to in November:
    • Working on models and animations for remaining units
    • Re-concepting a handful of units
    • Improving textures of all units
    • Improving icons of all units
    • Designing environment for new map
    • Working on game lobby/client UI

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    ShortE likes this.
  2. Diablo

Diablo Member

Congrats LForward :)

3. gGODg

gGODg Member

nice map. is this build zones i see, a map built just for 2 ppl to built together in the back? basically an evolution of building mid without the armor penalty, but not cross? persay but i guess 1 person could delay their lane in front and give to the person in back?

4. Adry

Adry Member

Gratz LForward! You deserve it!

@gGODg this map pretends to be like the original, everybody can build in his/her single lane on top. This way you'll have the enemies coming from top every match to simplify the gameplay. The darker purple zones, probably add the armor penalty so if you do mid building you have to handle it. I guess the armor penalty will be adjusted in order to make mid building an alternative and not a must or useless against single building on competitive.

Jules likes this.
  5. GvR Mr Mister

GvR Mr Mister Member

Gz LF, didnt know your from cologne too^^

6. vzk

vzk Member

Gratz ;)

7. LForward

LForward Community Manager Staff Member

8. Jules

Adry is right! You can still build together in the mid lane. There will be some sort of penalty to make sure mid building isn't the only viable choice. We haven't decided if that should be armor, attack speed/movement speed, or something else.

With the new map, we aren't trying to simplify gameplay, but we are improving clarify and making the game more intuitive. We believe it's best that the flow of units and your camera angle are consistent, regardless of which lane you're in.

9. Akitos

Akitos Member

Congrats I guess oO. How come I am nothing? :( Feelsbadman. Guess I'm too much of a jerk eh? :'D

10. Jules

Next month's update: Akitos has been promoted from Legionnaire to Jerk. ;)

Nortan and Akitos like this.
  11. Akitos

Akitos Member

I fucking love it :D

12. Guennter

Guennter Member

GZ LForward ... but pls stop playing minecraft :D

13. Akitos

Akitos Member

Now that you mention it... Why is Minecraft in front of WC3?! BLASPHEMY, BURN HIM!

Sir Meon likes this.
  14. Sega

Sega Member

Congratz LForward.
    Can't wait to play the beta :D

15. awesomeful

awesomeful Member

Map looks great! rip arena

16. ShortE

ShortE Member

Finally! Can't wait for the key

17. Nortan

Nortan Member

Congratz LForward.

After seeing that map model my initial concern of the dual entrance to king's area remains. It looks like if one side (say the left side) leak reaches the middle first our towers will be pulled toward the left side. So if leak comes from the right side while you are battling leak from the left side it will hit the defending towers/units flank or rear and likely be immediately hitting your undefended ranged towers. If leak got there at the same time your towers would just randomly split up? That sounds messy.

In my opinion, the leak lanes should be conjoined farther back from the kings defensive area to prevent such potential issues and in doing so stay closer to the model of original legion.

I would at least have to ask what kinda results your testing has replicated related to my dual lane concern. It looks to me like the towers will be pulled in different directions, but some confirmation would be appreciated. I could understand if this is intentional to make leak harder to hold and thus more punishing by not funneling it all into one lane. i'm just curious. Also a bit curious if you guys have worked out your end game plan after lvl 20 and if the dual lanes will ties into this but didn't think of mentioning it until I got to the end of this post.

Jules likes this.
  18. Jules

Great point, Nortan. This is a valid concern. We'll make changes if this occurs.

19. Sir Meon

Sir Meon Member

First things first: congratulations, @LForward - i think you earned that position and I am looking forward to hearing more from you in that new LTD-Version :)
    Well, what more to say? I just had to pre-order the game on steam after this newsletter hit my inbox :D
    It is just great and I am looking forward to it so much. I hope it will allow me a more smooth entrance to the competetive gameplay in LTD than the original one did, where I didn't really manage to get too many games in, as most times when I had the time, there was nobody on the server xD I hope this will be different with the new version 2 and I can hopefully play a game with some of you :)

20. Ellsballs

Ellsballs Member

Can't wait to play this! That map looks so good!