Update #8: A King and His Throne

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Avernium, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Avernium

Avernium Member Staff Member

Greetings again from the LTD 2 team! Spring is sneaking up on us and we've been making exciting headway all across the board. Today, we want to focus on a character that you'll put everything on the line for. Today, we want to show you the King.

Janus_Concept.jpg

As you know, the King is the centerpiece of every game... only one will survive. In the original LTD, the King had a somewhat generic feel and very little story to indicate why he was worth protecting. We're making a big effort with LTD 2 to make the kings into characters worthy of the game.

We don't want to go too far into background and lore just yet, but we do want to show you where the King will reside. Check out some concept art for the king's throne room below!

Throne_Room_Concept.jpg

In addition, this month we've been modeling the environment and making some big steps forward on sound. March will be one of the busiest months yet and we look forward to more major leaps and bounds for content. As always, stay tuned for updates!

Also of note: this week is the 2015 Game Developers Conference in San Francisco and several members of the AutoAttack Games team will be in attendance! We expect it to be a whirlwind couple of days with some great events and opportunities.

minityhyi, RenTgeN, kinggore and 5 others like this.
  2. Mikkel Krejsler

Mikkel Krejsler Member

I keep saying it, and i will say it again!
    YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME FOR DOING THIS!
    YOU WILL BECOME JUST AS GREATE AS DOTA
    AND I WILL LOVE YOUR GAME!

Tarekis and RenTgeN like this.
  3. Guennter

Guennter Member

this king looks great, and i cant wait to summon my forces and protect him!

4. Ferudas

Ferudas Member

Is the game really coming out in 2015? I mean these are just sketches, so in my opinion best case scenario this year is very early access, no? ( And by very early I mean super very early )

5. DarkyDP

DarkyDP Member

Good job. Looks great ;)

6. DKR

DKR Member

Excellent work guys, I wish there was a way to help speed the process up because I can't wait! Lol

If you need a alpha/beta tester, I've done many before. Well give detailed reports. I'd love to help anyway I can.

Keep up the good work guys

Lisk likes this.
  7. Socke

Socke Member

Yo guys nice stuff you do there!.... following this project since announcement #1 and im exited to try it out :) greetings from germany

Lisk likes this.
  8. Pedro Lemos

Pedro Lemos Member

Dudes, I can't wait to play it!!!!! *excited*
    So many friends of mine were addicted to it back then! We used to play hours and hours along with dota!!!
    Looking forward to it!

Lisk likes this.
  9. Suhail

Suhail Member

Epic, simply EPIC!!! What are the kings emoticons for their skills? its just epic.

10. Dafuq

Dafuq Member

Nice Artwork!

11. CrisCross

CrisCross Member

I really like his throne looks awesome in combination with the cliff .. the more Updates are comming the more excited i get .. only one question does the King has to be this color? Its not my favourite color but the shape looks cool... keep on going guys :rolleyes:

12. awesomeful

awesomeful Member

Is the king a wizard?

13. strider

strider Member

I like the overall art style but I'm not a fan of this model. Looks way too feminine....pink, seriously?(Not saying King's can't rock pink but cmon.) I literally thought it was a Queen model at first or something. literally reminded of this when i saw it pink.jpg Perhaps its the cloth/robe whatever but it looks too elegant for a King. More box/ rough edge aesthetic would give it a more masculine feel. rounded and curves and more feminine.

im not saying the color, or outfit couldnt work but there needs to be some tweaking. As it stands I more reminded of Shiva from Final Fantasy or soemthing

GvR Mr Mister likes this.
  14. strider

strider Member

maybe its just the concept model standing there independently that I dont like, idk

15. voisez

voisez Member

@strider LoLz at your pink power ranger reference.
    I would just say, have faith the these guys know what they're doing. These are crude versions of what in game look will be like. Plus, i wouldn't mind a queen, i'd feel more inclined to protect my lady :p

16. Avernium

Avernium Member Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback! We definitely have a lot of options color-wise and those sorts of tweaks are likely to happen as we get farther in, especially when placing units on screen together. For now, keep the comments coming!

17. I_kill_satan

I_kill_satan Member

This model is nice and looks quite handsome but personally me prefer more conservative concept

Up to me its modern king concept like Shao Kan from Mortal Combat:)

18. Munir

Munir Member

How about each race has his own king model ?:D

19. Legion My D

Legion My D Member

Looks Awesome!

20. Pwnyh0f

Pwnyh0f Member

hey guys, work looks awsome!
    wonder if you already thought about king skills? maybe even of adding some more? maybe the ability to choose?
    really excited!

Lisk likes this.