Update #9: Welcome to Nova

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Avernium, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Avernium

Avernium Member Staff Member

Happy April Fools' day from the Legion TD 2 team! We'll spare you all from the tricks this time, even though we were pretty tempted.

March was a fun and fruitful month for us as we continued development in many different areas. The programming team has been clacking away at their keyboards, implementing the arena and summons, as well as improving the engine. The art team has been especially busy delivering more awesome unit animations (including the king!) and continuing to model the environment: structures, trees, vegetation, and terrain textures. Today we want to show off some of that modeling work and concept art for the holding pens and arena. At the end of the update, you'll find a special preview of the story and world in which Legion TD 2 will take place!

Crystal Islands
    Atop floating crystal-rich islands, your workers will busily toil away, mining mythium crystals and bringing them to your base.

FloatingCity.jpg

Ancient Tower
    A remnant of ancient times, these mysterious towers dot the landscape on the fringes of the map.

Tower.jpg

Arena and Holding Pens
    After buying them with crystals, your summons will be forced to wait patiently (or impatiently) in your team's holding pen prior to each round start. When each side has defeated the first boss, you'll be placed into the arena for a standoff!

HoldingAndArena.jpg

At the far reaches of the void drifts a planet unlike any other. A lush world covered in verdant jungles and dotted with restless oceans. Fantastic and alien creatures roam the landscape, forming a biosphere of seemingly impossible diversity. But beneath the canopies and among the rocks, artificial constructs slice through the soil and reach into the sky. These ancient artifacts betray the secret of this world: it was crafted by sentient hands.

Now, aeons of mysteries about this planet have begun to surface, as a deranged sickness permeates the wildlife, turning once-docile creatures mad with bloodthirst. Desire to possess mythium—a precious blue crystal with magical energy—incites strife among intelligent races. Distinct legions have emerged under various commanders, each with their own strengths and ideals.

The age of peace has ended. The time for war has come.

Welcome to Nova.

MikeGG and Tezro like this.
  2. Diablo

Diablo Member

Keep it going :D

3. vadik1337

vadik1337 Member

Good Arena

4. awesomeful

awesomeful Member

I like the back story.

Is mythium the equivalent of wood?

5. Mikkel Krejsler

Mikkel Krejsler Member

God damn it! I swear to god my dick grows 2 inches every time you post something! :D

6. boels

boels Member

Awesome designs and I truly love the story! Finally some logic added to how you can convert creeps into killing each other. Wood always felt like an awkward reason they would :confused: Hopefully you guys can keep this up!

Lisk likes this.
  7. masskickas

masskickas Member

This game is going to be amazing!

8. Ferudas

Ferudas Member

I'm curious as to what ending will this game have. If I recall correctly, all current versions end at level 31, when creeps just keep spawning until someone dies first. How will you end the game if 2 players of equal skill compete and not leak in any waves?

9. Guennter

Guennter Member

this reminds me of starcraft and the crystal-mining of the game :) good work guys!

10. oTray

oTray Member

owww shiiiii~_~

11. Greedyfingers

Greedyfingers Member

Looks really awesome guys... Heres a little idea i just came up whit maybe you could make a cool team banner at each teams holding place... hope you like the idea keep up the good work!